These white chocolate cranberry protein bars are not only mouthwatering, they’re also made without any flour or butter. The secret? Butternut squash! You will absolutely love baking with it, especially frozen cubed butternut squash. Just microwave, and voila! You’ve got the perfect sweet ingredient. Fresh-cut butternut squash works, too. Whatever your preference, just be sure to make these (please)!
- French Vanilla Whey Protein powder 75 G
- Baking stevia 1/3 CUP
- Truvia brown sugar blend 1 TBSP
- Baking powder 1/2 TSP
- Salt 1/4 TSP
- Ground cinnamon 1/2 TSP
- Ground nutmeg 1/4 TSP
- Ground ginger 1/8 TSP
- Butternut squash, baked 3/4 cup
- Egg whites 1/2 cup 4 large
- Coconut oil 2 TBSP
- Pure vanilla extract 1/2 TSP
- Butter extract – optional 1/2 TSP
- White chocolate chips 1/4 cup
- Reduced-sugar dried cranberries 1/4 cup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Whisk together dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- To cook the butternut squash, cut it in half, scoop out the seeds, and either bake at 350 F for 60-90 minutes, or microwave on high for 8-10 minutes, scooping out flesh once cool. If you buy the frozen squash or the fresh-cut cubes, microwaving is probably your best (and fastest) option.
- Blend together cooked squash, egg whites, coconut oil, and extracts until smooth. Combine wet and dry ingredients until no clumps appear. Stir in white chocolate chips and cranberries.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until batter has set but a toothpick or knife inserted in the center comes out slightly dirty.
- Serving size: 1 bar
- Recipe yields 8 servings
- Calories 115
- Fat 5 g
- Carbs 11 g
- Protein 9