These white chocolate cranberry protein bars are not only mouthwatering, they’re also made without any flour or butter. The secret? Butternut squash! You will absolutely love baking with it, especially frozen cubed butternut squash. Just microwave, and voila! You’ve got the perfect sweet ingredient. Fresh-cut butternut squash works, too. Whatever your preference, just be sure to make these (please)!
- French Vanilla Whey Protein powder 75 G
- Baking stevia 1/3 CUP
- Truvia brown sugar blend 1 TBSP
- Baking powder 1/2 TSP
- Salt 1/4 TSP
- Ground cinnamon 1/2 TSP
- Ground nutmeg 1/4 TSP
- Ground ginger 1/8 TSP
- Butternut squash, baked 3/4 cup
- Egg whites 1/2 cup 4 large
- Coconut oil 2 TBSP
- Pure vanilla extract 1/2 TSP
- Butter extract – optional 1/2 TSP
- White chocolate chips 1/4 cup
- Reduced-sugar dried cranberries 1/4 cup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Whisk together dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- To cook the butternut squash, cut it in half, scoop out the seeds, and either bake at 350 F for 60-90 minutes, or microwave on high for 8-10 minutes, scooping out flesh once cool. If you buy the frozen squash or the fresh-cut cubes, microwaving is probably your best (and fastest) option.
- Blend together cooked squash, egg whites, coconut oil, and extracts until smooth. Combine wet and dry ingredients until no clumps appear. Stir in white chocolate chips and cranberries.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until batter has set but a toothpick or knife inserted in the center comes out slightly dirty.
- Serving size: 1 bar
- Recipe yields 8 servings
- Calories 115
- Fat 5 g
- Carbs 11 g
- Protein 9
Kiss that boring breakfast goodbye! These protein-filled morning meals are sure to make the most important meal of the day even more special.
Food is fuel, and breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Skip the rushed protein shakes and water-and-oatmeal bowls, and treat yourself right. Make your mornings count, and get excited to hop out of bed with these breakfast dishes that are sure to meet your macros and please your palette.
Watch video below how Rob is cooking protein pancakes with heavenly peanut butter sauce.
2 eggs, whisked
1 Scoop of Spirit Whey Protein (Vanilla/Chocolate)
1 tablespoon butter (or other oil – to grease the pan)
Chocolate Chips, Banana, Strawberries, Blueberries (optional – or whatever – else you want in the pancakes)
1. Mix together eggs and protein powder until well combined.
2. Place a pan over medium heat. Grease the pan with a bit of oil. Once pan is hot, add a large spoonful of the pancake mixture to the pan, about 3-5 inches wide.
3. Sprinkle chocolate chips or other toppings on top of the pancakes.
4. Once the pancakes begin to bubble, flip them. Cook for about 1 minute each side, depending how hot the pan is.
5. Regrease the pan, as needed.
6. Eat plain for gainz or top with Honey, Agave, Peanut Butter, Nutella, etc… (optional – or whatever else you want in the pancakes)
ENJOY YOUR MEAL! 🙂